Wisconsin
Cool look with the sand!

Reactions: OnceLoyal

OnceLoyal

Candiru
MFK Member
May 13, 2008
Around
Thanks all, the next and final 5 gallons of sand has a lot more black so we will see how it turns out.

Just got my new return pump so it will be installed shortly. Will clamp return line on bulkhead and that should complete the W/D.

One semi cool thing is there will be a rocks from almost all over the world inside. Argentina, Chile, Newfoundland, Guyana, Costa Rica, Panama,Peru, Nicaragua, Ireland, Switzerland, all over the Caribbean, and of course the states. Probably missing a few places. Small rocks, but I think thas kind of cool... (yes I steal rocks from other countries :) )

Anyway, next update will probably be with new background and lights!!!

OnceLoyal

Candiru
MFK Member
May 13, 2008
Around
So we got the lights wired minus where I will put the remote sensor things. That' what is hanging down. Finally got a hold of the people I am buying my background from.. Supposedly they will be shipped out in a few days. Nothing to exciting just wanted to update with the lights

20180326_225129.jpg

OnceLoyal

Candiru
MFK Member
May 13, 2008
Around
Backgrounds are in!! Meaning installed. Well, 2 just on the back dividing the center overflow. Completed around 1900 (7pm) last night. I will remove what's holding them in place in a bit and get a couple pics up. I re- glued the little fence around the top of overflow which will be crucial for the little fish probably. I may have to add a screen, but that will not hold anything up. Replacing the fx5s rubber sleeves for intake tube.

Last but not least today I need to make the final fixes/mods to the canopy as it doesn't close completely for some reason. Then I must order my acrylic lids. Not 100% sure how I will go about this yet. I may put up a post in diy or setup for idea needs to be pliable enough to cut, but strong and clear.

I would say we are about 24 hrs from filling her up!! Very exciting. Of course now I am wishing I would have tested both fx5 and leak check the sump, but no turning back at this point!

Reactions: celebrist

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Nice setup so far,have u thought of adding some large fossil rocks?
And I'm assuming tall plants in the middle?

OnceLoyal

Candiru
MFK Member
May 13, 2008
Around
Good question. Well, no on the plants in the middle however I do plan on having plants on both sides.... maybe a few in middle. Not really sure yet. Ultimately this will have 3 or 4 large fish with hopefully a bunch of tiny ones in a year or so.
Starting out the stock will be guppies, platties, and swords. Bottom will be some kuli loaches and I dunno.
A few months when I know everything is up and running smooth I will get my aro,, armatus, juru or tig cat, royal pleco. Possible I will get an atf. If that's the case he will stay with no armatus or aro for 6 months or so the I will intro them.
First couple months I am hoping the others may breed and plants will grow.

In the mean time I need to figure out what plants and get her cycled. Amazon swords and java moss for sure.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Good question. Well, no on the plants in the middle however I do plan on having plants on both sides.... maybe a few in middle. Not really sure yet. Ultimately this will have 3 or 4 large fish with hopefully a bunch of tiny ones in a year or so.
Starting out the stock will be guppies, platties, and swords. Bottom will be some kuli loaches and I dunno.
A few months when I know everything is up and running smooth I will get my aro,, armatus, juru or tig cat, royal pleco. Possible I will get an atf. If that's the case he will stay with no armatus or aro for 6 months or so the I will intro them.
First couple months I am hoping the others may breed and plants will grow.

In the mean time I need to figure out what plants and get her cycled. Amazon swords and java moss for sure.
Valisneria gigantea looks nice with wavemakers.

OnceLoyal

Candiru
MFK Member
May 13, 2008
Around
I will check it.

So if anyone needs help totally mutilating and destroying sheets of acrylic let me know. The piece of sh@t "plastic cutting knife" is a bunch of BS. I finished, but my acrylic covers are nothing like what I wanted. They should do their job and no one can see them with canopy on, but damn they are bad lol.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store