8x3x2 stocking

monsterK

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2023
Looking for some stocking ideas for the tank! Ide like too do rays but not sure what other big fish would look awesome with them! I love predator tanks with big fish so thats the route I wanna go, i already have a 300 gallon community tank!
Any idea we can throw around would be awesome!

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Looking for some stocking ideas for the tank! Ide like too do rays but not sure what other big fish would look awesome with them! I love predator tanks with big fish so thats the route I wanna go, i already have a 300 gallon community tank!
Any idea we can throw around would be awesome!
Perhaps some Peacock Bass? Or a few smaller gars?

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
I'm trying too think of fish the size of bass that would work as well but I'm drawing a huge blank!
Maybe feed the rays at night or use a tube to get food to the bottom. I kept an Oscar with bichirs for a bit and that’s how I solved the feeding problem. I wouldn’t keep that mix again though

monsterK

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2023
Maybe feed the rays at night or use a tube to get food to the bottom. I kept an Oscar with bichirs for a bit and that’s how I solved the feeding problem. I wouldn’t keep that mix again though
If I did bass and rays would 4 xingu and 2 kels and 2 rays be over stocked?? I do a automatic water change system so that helps with nitrate build up

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
If I did bass and rays would 4 xingu and 2 kels and 2 rays be over stocked?? I do a automatic water change system so that helps with nitrate build up
In my opinion yes, but that doesn’t mean you can’t try it. If everyone were to get along and you are able to keep nitrates down, then you’re not over stocked IMO. I always say don’t be afraid to try things within reason, just have a plan if things don’t work

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store