9' long 4'high 5'deep ply tank has begun.....kinda!

doyboy

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2010
essex uk
sounds like a job well done, fingers crossed for u mike

DiXoN

English MFKer
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2004
Sunderland, England
Great build and shame about the set backs but it looks like you are able to overcome them fine, i'm sure you'll get it sorted soon.

mike huntley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2007
Ipswich Suffolk
top support/light housing is installed now, can mount two fluroescents (excuse my spelling each side, one each side for plants and the other just normal.

suspended the branches from the light housing, i'm pretty happy with it, don't think i'll put any more wood in there, need as much space for the fish as possible :D

gonna work on the hood a bit tonight which shouldn't take too long

IMG_0025.JPG

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

mike huntley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2007
Ipswich Suffolk
got the lights installed tonight, cables need to be tidied up properly but it looks great, two bulbs each side with the plant one closed to the wood, picked up the U.V.,heaters and some other bits and pieces tonight.

thinking about installing a drip feed direct into the sump and modifying one of the 22mm pipes going through the side as the over flow, to although it to have a constant water change as i read different people use this method, to put it simply can i just run a cold mains feed to the tank? i will control both flows with valves so they can be fine tuned, but because i want to keep fish from softer waters than the tap, will it be possible to simply buffer the water in the tank with chemicals to reduce the ph?

IMG_0031.JPG

Satan's Goldfish

Cloven-hoofed Sea Monkey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
Carterton, Oxfordshire
wow, so much happens when i don't check MFK for a few weeks!

Good work Mike, sucks about the leak though, hopefully that's sorted now. Soon be done. (Still possible availability on my big bass if you want, the guy that has it is having second thoughts and wouldn't mind it going if you're interested)

alanm

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2008
UK
mike

depends on the flow rate of the input water if you simply drip water in from the mains you could add buffers twice a week

you could go for RO and HMA mix but there will be a waste water involved

at a minimum i would use HMA and buffers at least the metals and chlorine will be gone

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store