90 Gallon Step by Step Basic Reef Setup

bjaycollings

Feeder Fish
Oct 26, 2009
Philadelphia
im just getting into this hobby, and i just purchased my first big reef ready tank...Here is some of the stuff i purchased with this used set up:

90gallon AGA (All Glass Aquarium) reef ready tank (48”x18”x25”) drilled on the left side, with a black wooden custom made stand (50”x20”x38”) and black canopy.

Light fixture 48” T5 - 8 lamps 54W
40gallon sump with Euro Skimmer
2 Mag Drive Pumps 9.5
3 Tunze Turbelle 6025 pumps
Wavy Sea
Pin Point monitors for Salinity
Pin Point monitors for pH
Pin Point Wireless Thermometer
dual GFO & Carbon reactor

mr.reef24

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2009
USA
s704.photobucket.com
great post reefscape no comment on this thread yet but will eventually throw in a suggestion or 2

mr.reef24

rocketgypsy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
Los Angeles
I like your guide to reef tank set-up -- simple enough for a reef noobie to get started, yet covers all the bases. Thank you.
--Reef Noobie

Gprime

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2008
Ottawa
Only thing wrong with this thread is there is no mention of any sort of filtration. There's biological from the live rock from what I know myself. But you're going to need something more than that if you want to sustain any life in the tank like a sump with a refugium and a skimmer, or a HOB fuge with a biowheel filter and HOB skimmer.

Heathd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Ehh, I have seen a tank done with live rock, macros, and massive power heads and they had a variety of reef safe fish and corals in the tank. No sump, hob, skimmer, etc...

It can be done, just not something I would reccomend for a starter.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store