a good school to add to 180 somewhat oddball tank?

PJ1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2016
CT
so i have my long 180 up and running it feels pretty empty as of right now has a 1ft bichir and fire eel a variegated shark pleco 2 BGK 2 clown loach and 3 angels. besides the angels almost everything just relaxes in the wood and live plants and mostly hangs around the bottom. im trying to think of a good mid/upper tank schooling fish to add. I was considering balas but would love some other interesting ideas?

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
so i have my long 180 up and running it feels pretty empty as of right now has a 1ft bichir and fire eel a variegated shark pleco 2 BGK 2 clown loach and 3 angels. besides the angels almost everything just relaxes in the wood and live plants and mostly hangs around the bottom. im trying to think of a good mid/upper tank schooling fish to add. I was considering balas but would love some other interesting ideas?
silver dollars

Reactions: Dee eng

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
3 or 4 balas would be a great addition if you want a big mid water fish and a shoal of dennisons as a smaller mid water addition to give you that splash of colour. Both very peaceful.

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Up the amount of angels. A decent school of angels is always beautiful and relaxing to watch. :)

Reactions: Angelphish

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
Up the amount of angels. A decent school of angels is always beautiful and relaxing to watch. :)
I find that even numbers work best. They tend to pair up, even if it's not a male/female pair. I don't like my Angels to be lonely.

PJ1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2016
CT
a small-ish school of balas and perhaps 3 more angels wouldnt be a bad idea..

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
What kind of poly do you have by the way?

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
a small-ish school of balas and perhaps 3 more angels wouldnt be a bad idea..
Look into German blue Angels. Stunning fish. White body, black stripes, and shiny blue spots around the stripes.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store