A little help on the gulf side of FL

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
When i was in Houston and we went fishing in the gulf i caught a bunch of rays, was using an "old texan secret bait" which im pretty sure was just a bunch of different seafood (all cut into chunks) w/ some garlic and let to rot for a week in the sun.

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Ppoeschl

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2014
Panama City Beach
Redfish and trout. Occasionally will see black drum, spanish mackerel and pompano. I mainly kayak fish offshore now and run charters from Pensacola to Destin.

St Pete is a hell of a drive from PCB!

Well there are tons and tons of blue crabs so that can be a little vague.
I don't mind the drive, willing and able to go to the keys if need be. Just wondering if anyone is seeing them or catching them right now and where.

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
Wow another Panama City MFKer. Small world. Ever fished Indian pass? We head there a few times a year for shark fishing. Tons of bonnets that way. Might want to wait until the temps level off first though. what end of the beach are you on?

Ppoeschl

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2014
Panama City Beach
Wow another Panama City MFKer. Small world. Ever fished Indian pass? We head there a few times a year for shark fishing. Tons of bonnets that way. Might want to wait until the temps level off first though. what end of the beach are you on?
I am on the west side, here for work till the end of may then heading to las vegas. Never fished indian pass, hooked up several large southerns in fall at the pier. I have been thinking about heading to Ft. meyers to fish but do not know if they are currently there, also wondering when the cownose come around.

dragonfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2006
Florida
Caught bonnetheads and rays off St. Pete and around the Skyway, usually when I don't want them.

dragonfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2006
Florida
recently? like within the month?
Rays yes, shark has been a couple of months.

Sent from my LG-D500 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store