• the 140 a love nest for bonita

Votes: 47 30.5%

• Total voters

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
regina saskatchewan canada
Ok by my name you know im a chef i thought that i would give yall an insight into my restaurant a year ago i thought my ex business partner had some morals suffice it to say there is a reason why he is ex business partner lets just say that he can register my restaurant soup r man as his company but mess with the chef and the chef messes with you in the end of it all he found out that i dont care about the name but rather the location which is in the university of regina, regina, saskatchewan

now the restaurant is called All Souped Up and i thought i would give ya a panorama of it i have 7 tanks running here with plans to put in 8 more will be a killer restaurant when im done

the east wall 55g-9 blue johani/75g adult male green terror, 40g corner 10 baby nics, juvi sev, juvi geo, 3 cross breed juvi african, and a 2 inch cuvier bichir

the south wall 100g african community with 9 bleekeri small spot ,

beside this will go my 140g i just got delivered and another 75-120g beside that

the west wall with a killer shelf attached to it where i will be putting in a row 30g tall , 20g tall, 10g, 10g, 20g tall, and 30g tall

where the wall shelf ends my 180g-2 pacu male female, 3 iri sharks, 4 juvi green terror , 3 juvi oscar, and 2 bad boy zebras who were thrown in to swim with the big boys, my 75g christyi tank with 3 catfish

the newly delivered 140g custom

behind the pianos my private tank with bonita my zebra tilapia whom i am really thinking will look great in that 140 with a male as she shows great signs of want one

ill update this thread as i head towards the completion of this restaurant project now that doofus mcidiot my expartner has met his end :ROFL:

CDickes1988

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 4, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Thats a lot of tanks in a restaraunt. :eek: Great setup but your tank with the ID sharks and pacu is going to be overstocked to all hell soon enough...

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
CDickes1988;2642182; said:
Thats a lot of tanks in a restaraunt. :eek: Great setup but your tank with the ID sharks and pacu is going to be overstocked to all hell soon enough...
the pacu an sharks were rehomes from other peoples 55g and 33g i have a solution in the works provided i get approval from the city for my garage on my lot beside my house im gonna have a double good thing a garage to work on my old cars and a very nice 1000 sq foot year round greenspace with a 5000-7500g indoor pond

CDickes1988

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 4, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
chefjamesscott;2642295; said:
the pacu an sharks were rehomes from other peoples 55g and 33g i have a solution in the works provided i get approval from the city for my garage on my lot beside my house im gonna have a double good thing a garage to work on my old cars and a very nice 1000 sq foot year round greenspace with a 5000-7500g indoor pond
Ah nice. Well everything else looks great. :)

mfk4life

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2008
California
good luck man hopefully you get the indoor pond.

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
smpage;2642227; said:
looks eclectic. But if that's the look you're going for, then Awesome!
ah i agree i have to make mention of the look , my previous business partner thought it would be brilliant to put 24 internet gaming computers in the room and told me he might be able to get the kitchen spot to which i told him take it ill make the kitchen pop but IF YOUR GAMING PLACE DONT WORK GUESS WHAT WE HAVE THE BEST PLACE FOR A FOODSERVICE IN REGINA and for the next 9 months he refused to honour our verbal agreement that i owned 50% to the which in sept i did an extreme prejudice maneuver on him which may have taken 2-3 months to finish off but as of dec 8 he ceased to have any say and we signed the lease yesterday for five years with as many five year renewals as we wish how foolish he was he did not even have to put any money into the restaurant equip side or even have to do any of the work all he had to do was sign over the 50%we agreed but his loss so now here we sit with a brand new company no accts payable lololol and he gets the whole shebang called soup r man and we get a ready made turn key location

what was so funny was this person could not admit he had made a very foolish decision to put a internet gamin center (with 4 year old machines)into a university where the student body as a whole has free internet so needless to say the gaming side of this place very fastly became a running joke with the university but the foodside took off some days we do 80 ltrs of soup

now since this university is a lock down location operated by aramark foodservice you dont just waltz in as a operator an open a place so getting in via my ex business partner accomplished something i tried to do over six years ago and it was with little hesitation that i shut down my restaurant fratellis caffe and my catering company a joy to serve to come an open up here 12 thousand people on a university campus being fed slop by a corporate jackal foodservice hell yah im in

so as the ex partner realized that he could not make me cower to him and soon realized that in sept after 9 months of working my buns off i was more than fed up with him so the fight began but hey how much of a fight can he do when i slapped his privates in a vice and turn the handle

so yeh the decor leaves some to be desired but we will very much take care of that

Ben268

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2008
Canada PEI/New Brunswick
lol, I love the rant, and how after wards your just kinda like...yeh the decor could use some work. :D

Do you mind me asking what univeristy your set up in?

Also, even tho the decor still might need some work, i do like the look of the place, and of course the fish tanks are awesome.

micstarz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
Hong Kong
Nice place, but get rid of all that ugly gravel and use some more natural stuff...and aquaspace better. Get rid of the coluseum, etc.

The tanks seem a bit scattered, maybe you should organise them a bit better, plant lots of plants all around the walls to hide the tank stands or if it doesn't blow your budget, put them on a rack or build them into the walls...

You should be proud of that...being a chef and managing 8 tanks isn't easy...

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
im located in the university of regina, regina, saskatchewan, canada

if yall ever in this neck of the woods feel free to drop by

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store