A Piranha ID, please...

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
Thank you all, my friends!
I'm so proud having such a Piranha home!!!
By the way - could someone tell me what's the minimum tank size for this guy and if it needs a strong water stream or a medium one, please?

A HUUUUUUUGE THANK YOU!
A 55 or up is awesome! And piranha love to swim into currents and powerheads which also keep the tank cleaner and help with oxygen exchange! Congrats on having one, ive never owned that type but i have 5 rbp and they are great!

Driftwood and plants will make him feel more at home :)

#1 S. Vettel

Sm0ke

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
Outworld
min tank size for Sanchezi is 20G. Not the best, but doable. Anything bigger he would surely appreciate, and might even help bring out better character/personality. Plants will help offer hiding places as they are ambush predators, and make him feel more comfy. Nice red on him BTW.

mulea

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 12, 2006
Kanada
Thanks, fellas!
I'm so happy that I've came back to my ol' "Piranha habits"...!
I had before [for more than 10 years!] Red Bellies, Ternezis and Caribes and also a 25 cm long Rhom.
I was also on this forum when the website was called "predatoryfish.net"...
So as you can see I am kinda... "archaic"...!
Two years 1/2 I gave up all my Piranhas tanks and I've built up and kept many saltwater tanks. Now I have a single 35 gals saltwater tank full of corals, crabs, starfishes and fishes. Two days ago I saw this little guy [Sanchezi] in a pet store next to me [I do live in Montreal Area, Canada] and I took it. It was LOVE AT FIRST BITE...! I've set up high speed a 10 gals tank that I had spare at home and there he is... I am take it step by step now because the Sanchezi - because the poor pet store conditions and because of the stress - got some white tiny spots of Ich. I'll cure him and meanwhile I will look for a bigger tank.
My Sanchezi is ~ 5 1/2 cm long and at pet store was called... "Muda Piranha"... They love to invent names, ain't they?!? Usually Piranhas like mine are called under the "general" mane as "Black Piranhas"...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store