A "red" flagged offer...

demjor19

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
PA/OH
WeeNe858;693390; said:
i got guys too :p.. but dont hvae the tank or space or check book .. post some pics of your new aro soon :D
if you got a red...please dont be dumb enough to post pics. as far as i know you dont have it! ;)

tankyou

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2007
TEXAS
Come on guys n gals....I did not buy an asian arow, just merely stating a recent conversation with someone that stated they are not that hard to find if you really want one.
They are illegal and although they are very nice fish, I would never pay $1500 for a fish period. That is crazy money for a fish, although I know there are other fish worth a lot more than that. The local San Antonio Zoo has several red asians I can go and see anytime I want too.
I just thought it was weird that even though they are illegal...and not easily imported...they are somehow out there and available if you got the checkbook to cover it.
I have 2 silvers and 1 black arow.

Anyone else have a similar experience? :popcorn:

HiGhTiMeZ

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2006
Montreal, Canada
www.friendster.com
tankyou;693986; said:
Come on guys n gals....I did not buy an asian arow, just merely stating a recent conversation with someone that stated they are not that hard to find if you really want one.
They are illegal and although they are very nice fish, I would never pay $1500 for a fish period. That is crazy money for a fish, although I know there are other fish worth a lot more than that. The local San Antonio Zoo has several red asians I can go and see anytime I want too.
I just thought it was weird that even though they are illegal...and not easily imported...they are somehow out there and available if you got the checkbook to cover it.
I have 2 silvers and 1 black arow.

Anyone else have a similar experience? :popcorn:
hahaha juz messing with u bro! :ROFL:
experience in what btw?

tankyou

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2007
TEXAS
HiGhTiMeZ;695058; said:
hahaha juz messing with u bro! :ROFL:
experience in what btw?
Oh no problem man. I can see how someone could peice 2 and 2 together, but I mean like experience where someone said "Hey...got this red for sale..."

wright4lfe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 30, 2005
if you frequent the right LFS' here in orange county, ca, and you get to know the owner well enough you can get a hold of an asian arro. its crazy to me to think its so easy, yet i've never seen one of these guys get caught. in one shop i stop by once or twice a month they used to have a green arro for sale for 300 dollars....crazyness.

meiling

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2005
In your Computer
When I was actively Aro searching, I was approached several times via the computer with people trying to sell me illegal asians for $600 for a "red", obviously no CITES or microchip. I was really suprised by the number of people that sought me out and made these offers.

I didn't even respond, but it's that easy and obviously people do it. I think they're beautiful but feel a moral obligation to do what is best for the love of the species and not for personal pleasure. Of course I was tempted. But I actually like the look of Silvers more. I love the long ribbonlike body and movement. The long taper at the end is my favorite look over the shorter bodied Asians.

ospy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2006
Washington state
OH, How I envy you. You are my hero!

MistirE

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2007
Hawaii
meiling;701482; said:
When I was actively Aro searching, I was approached several times via the computer with people trying to sell me illegal asians for $600 for a "red", obviously no CITES or microchip. I was really suprised by the number of people that sought me out and made these offers.

I didn't even respond, but it's that easy and obviously people do it. I think they're beautiful but feel a moral obligation to do what is best for the love of the species and not for personal pleasure. Of course I was tempted. But I actually like the look of Silvers more. I love the long ribbonlike body and movement. The long taper at the end is my favorite look over the shorter bodied Asians.

:iagree: I too like the way the silvers look. Much more like a dragon and very elegant as a swimmer! I think if the silvers were illegal that it would produce the same craze! Either way, beautiful fish the arowana is indeed! Glad to own one myself! :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store