A temp 20 Long ...

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
Thanks all. As I'm fond of saying, you can't always fit a 240 gallon when all you have is 30" of space. Dwarf cichlids are a great addition when you just don't have a lot of room to work with.

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
Awesome tanks, its great to see another lucunussi keeper!
The female will get a deep purple body with electric blue fins when she gets older.

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
Yeah, they are beautiful fish and have been on the wish list for over a decade.

She's already colored up for me, I just haven't been able to get a good shot of her. She's still less than half the size of the male so gets chased a lot. She's been coming out more now that she dug herself out a retreat that the male is too large for. If they are anything like Pelvicachromis in breeding habits, that could be a good thing.

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
Cool, my pair is extremely shy and has been for the 2-3 months I've had them. I think it has something to do with them being wild caught but Im not too shure.

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
My male is out a fair bit ... not a lot. Any movement sends him scurrying for the caves though. Once in a while he'll see me, and start shaking his head back and forth like he is about to bang the glass at me, but then I'll move and poof ... gone. I'd hate to see how shy they would be without the lampeyes there as dithers.

PDRed302

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Fort Worth Texas
Nice looking setup

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store