aba aba, ariapama, gator gar

Amazing-Fish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2009
riverwater
let say the araiapama is 6ft the ababa is 3ft the gator gar 5ft would the ababa still attack the others

King-eL

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
Philippines and Canada
omegablue;3278278; said:
let say the araiapama is 6ft the ababa is 3ft the gator gar 5ft would the ababa still attack the others
I don't think aba aba would bother them. They are way to big for them and arapaimas are known to attack back if being challenge. The aba aba might get beaten up to death by the arapaima as I've seen arapaima biting some stingrays disk really bad.

yohan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2008
Philippines/Los angeles
as for the aba aba issue, aba's detect food by the electric signals from the prey. the aba should be smaller than the gator and pima, preferably 70% of their size and you give it a constant supply of live food. i dont think it will bother them. the logic is like this the aba aba wont go for the bigger fish because firstly there are other smaller target fish which its attention is focused on and since you give it a contant supply of food it wont try to eat the other bigger fish.

and in my observation in a tank where in there are bigger fish the aba dont roam too much it stays on one side as its territory and minds its own business.

about the gator provided the space is big, no food deficit and it is in a community tank since its small it should be ok.

pima's uhm pima pima pima no experience on pimas yet hehe!

Amazing-Fish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2009
riverwater
yea thats will be a sick tank if u can keep all of them together. i don't have any of them but i was wondering can u hand feed aba aba

King-eL

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
Philippines and Canada
omegablue;3285846; said:
yea thats will be a sick tank if u can keep all of them together. i don't have any of them but i was wondering can u hand feed aba aba
Yes you can and they actually love it. I do it with my 20" aba aba. Just be hand feed with caution.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store