ABK parasite treatments?

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
Thought of eggs/gravid early-on, but the wee-willy-thingie points backwards = male.

Thanks, I'll ask the pharm & vet for praziquantel.
There's a dose page on MFK, maybe related to clown loach skinny-syndrome?
Dose the whole tank, or soak his food?

Googling - damn, it seems we'd recently given our COVID-stash of equine-Ivermectin to the neighour, though I suppose the apple flavouring wouldn't have been good for the fish ;)
Dose the whole tank

Reactions: andyroo

andyroo

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2011
MoBay, Jamaica
www.seascapecarib.com
"...bulge has been growing over time. Could it be something similar?"
Could be some sort of growth or a cancer, sure.

Thanks P phreeflow - is this in case others also have infection or for simplicity? I ask as it's a ~130gal "live water" system and I'd love to not risk or kill some of the more exotic elements of the filter. I have an empty old-school 15 & an 5gal acrylic raceway, so relocation for treatment's pretty straightforward.

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
"...bulge has been growing over time. Could it be something similar?"
Could be some sort of growth or a cancer, sure.

Thanks P phreeflow - is this in case others also have infection or for simplicity? I ask as it's a ~130gal "live water" system and I'd love to not risk or kill some of the more exotic elements of the filter. I have an empty old-school 15 & an 5gal acrylic raceway, so relocation for treatment's pretty straightforward.
Both…it’s simpler and if it indeed has internal parasites, then all your fish will get it.

andyroo

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2011
MoBay, Jamaica
www.seascapecarib.com
Elsewhere on MFK I've seen posted/recommended 100ml of the praziquantel liquid per 1000L of aquarium - agreed?
This stuff has proven elusive on my island; I can get powders & tubes of apple-flavoured paste for livestock, but no simple/raw liquid form.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I’ve see others hobbyist post about febendazole for dogs in aquariums. Seen used 1g for every 100g. Could always try it on some feeder fish in a plastic tote as a trial run and see if it’s tolerated.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store