Acestrorhynchus Falcirostris (barracuda)

Angler

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 8, 2007
Colorado
Got my first monster tank (125) going and i got my first two monster fish today, including a 5 or 6 inch Acestrorhynchus Falcirostris barracuda. He is sweet!

The guy at the store said he will only feed on live fish. He said to feed him 2 or 3 fish every 2 or 3 days.

Anyone have experience with this fish? Are those feeding suggestions accurate? Other advice, comments about the fish?

Anyone have pics of their barracuda?

baracuda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2005
SoCal
I had one of these amazing fish. They tend to be more active in groups but with just one in the tank they are still awsome. You will enjoy this fish most at feeding time though (like most fish) because they are lightning fast and very accurate. They are true predators and will eat any other fish that can fit in their mouth so no small tankmates. You can feed him every other day but theres no problem with feeding it every day so its up to you. I would feed mine like 2 times a day on feeder in the morning and one later on. It grew fast like this so its up to you. good luck with it :)

baracuda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2005
SoCal
Forgot to add, they are non aggressive towards other fish that are too big to swallow and they are not good at defending themselves so its better not to mix them with any roudy fish or fish that can eat them!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store