Acrossocheilus barbs

Leo1234

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2013
California
Anyone keep Acrossocheilus? I can't find any aquarium care information. post any experience.

example species: Railway barb Acrossocheilus fasciatus

Leo1234

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2013
California
I thought at least some people would have some... didn't realize that they were that new.

So far I have 2 Acrossocheilus fasciatus (4.5in) and just got 5 Acrossocheilus beijiangensis (1.5in)

Hopefully people get to try them out sometime. they are great fish! I got mine to eat from my hand after a week.

Still wish I could find some care...but I understand there isn't much because of how new they are.

Edit: I need to find out how fast they grow. the Acrossocheilus beijiangensis I just got are only 1.5 inches and I don't want to lose them to my 2.5in purple spotted Gudgeon.

The beijiangensis are in a 20 gallon until they can go in my 150 gallon with my other fish.

Leo1234

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2013
California
here is a picture. not the best though. I just moved decor around and need to clean the glass.
I will post Acrossocheilus beijiangensis pictures soon

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Looks cool :)

Bonytang

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2018
I have 1 and have to keep him w/ larger fish or nano fish. Anything same size or smaller it will most likely be aggressive. Only fish it wasn't aggressive w/ that was same size was bangana behri. It attacked same size Tor, small carp, and most of my others in community tank. I separated the acrossocheilus next day and kept it with cardinal shiners and it did great. after a few days i wanted to see how it did with bigger fish and now he's hanging w/ some 14" carp and doing very well. awesome little pilot fish now kind of...

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store