Acrylic Crazing repair tips needed?

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
anyone know if crazing can be buffed out or repair? It looks like a thin layer on the outside. I am not sure how the crazing develop but it’s only noticeable when viewing at 45 degrees angle.

1D142139-BD02-46D7-B822-A252BF41DBB8.jpeg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
wednesday13 wednesday13

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Does it look like its on the inside or outside? Hard to tell when i zoom in… regardless im not sure if it can be removed or not unless it appears to be close to the surface on either side. I know u said the tank was tarped outdoors. My guess is the sun heated up whatever object u had holding the tarp down and thats the result.

Reactions: kno4te

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
The crazing is on the outside and appears close to the surface. It’s not very noticeable but it’s there when viewing at an angle. I’m debating if I should use the back side as front or figure out how to fix this crazing.

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
The crazing is on the outside and appears close to the surface. It’s not very noticeable but it’s there when viewing at an angle. I’m debating if I should use the back side as front or figure out how to fix this crazing.
Doesn’t look too deep… if u still have one clean side can’t hurt to at least try and sand/buff it out. If it doesn’t work u can still use the back as the front like ur saying. I have a few older acrylic tanks that bow alot and theres crazing right on the front middle sections. The crazing is fairly deep and theres no way of fixing it tho.

Reactions: kno4te

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
Doesn’t look too deep… if u still have one clean side can’t hurt to at least try and sand/buff it out. If it doesn’t work u can still use the back as the front like ur saying. I have a few older acrylic tanks that bow alot and theres crazing right on the front middle sections. The crazing is fairly deep and theres no way of fixing it tho.
This one doesn’t look deep at it. It looks like barely on the surface like paint misting on it but I know it’s crazing. I am not sure if I am up for a 4 hrs task sanding, more sanding, and buffing.😂 I already invested way more time than I planned for this tank.

DCD65A4B-EF6E-4848-A28B-C31078BE2822.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store