Acrylic or glass pieces

Jesseliu13

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2012
Holmdel, NJ
I would like to make a wet dry sump out of a 55 gallon tank for my 300 gallon. But I am having trouble finding the acrylic pieces or glass pieces to hold up the egg crate and the drip tray. Where can I find those?

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I would like to make a wet dry sump out of a 55 gallon tank for my 300 gallon. But I am having trouble finding the acrylic pieces or glass pieces to hold up the egg crate and the drip tray. Where can I find those?
go to lowes or home depot. They have acrylic squares you can purchase. Lowes will cut them to size for you too generally, some home depots will as well.

Jesseliu13

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2012
Holmdel, NJ
I'm not looking for baffles though. I'm looking those tiny rectangular blocks people glue to the sides to set the drip tray and egg crate on

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I'm not looking for baffles though. I'm looking those tiny rectangular blocks people glue to the sides to set the drip tray and egg crate on
ohhhhh I got ya, misread your OP sorry.

I'd still check with them or you could google local glass companies in your area, they'd either have them/be able to make or order them.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
or...couldn't you use pvc pipe and silicone those in too? I'm no expert on wet/drys so maybe you can't but I'd improvise something like that.

Reactions: boldtogether
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store