Mar 21, 2010
NW Ohio
Grass pickerel!

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
how big of a tank are your piranhas in and how many?

i just realized you said fish only grow as large as the tank you provide for them and/or as much as you feed them.

that's true...because you're STUNTING their growth. their internal organs continue to grow while the fish's body doesn't. that's not good for the fish and can lead to all kinds of problems

Pufferpunk

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
Chicago
www.**************.com
Aqualoon;5052979; said:
What about a single fahaka puffer? That would fit the bill and would do well in a 120.
Gets my vote!

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
Limited Resources;5054638; said:
I have three Red-Bellies in a 40 gallon tank, they are about 4-5in. I feed them protien cichlid pellets and ocasionally feeder fish.
Why not put these Red-Bellies in your 120 and add few more of them?

Dr_Shakalu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2007
San Francisco
Adding more might make the tank too small for them. I must admit, I live in California but I was able to get some red bellies. I was young then but what a waste. Most people think piranhas are vicious fish but they are just the oppisite. Everytime you turn on the light or walk by, they would freak out and crash into everything. I had a big piece of driftwood and they would just dive under it. When I fed them, they didn't attack the food like people think. They ate very fast but they weren't as viscious as a young fishkeeper would think. Just trying to help, The Doctor.

MN_Rebel;5054864; said:
Why not put these Red-Bellies in your 120 and add few more of them?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store