adonis pleco

dr01d

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 28, 2006
Jakarta
even when they are are 2 ft its ok as long as they are together since young?

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
if the tank is big enough, you'll probably be alright as long as you choose bigger plecos that can handle there own and wont get bullied out of food. just watch them

dr01d

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 28, 2006
Jakarta
if the tank is big enough, you'll probably be alright as long as you choose bigger plecos that can handle there own and wont get bullied out of food. just watch them
mine is in a 5 ft tank with 1 long fin senegal bichir, 1 black aro, 2 tiger dats, 1 flagtail...any recommendation

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
how wide is it? you can keep a whole lot of plecos together in that size tank. but i personally wouldn't have 2 2ft plecos in that size tank. but temp. definately put another few in. how big is that adonis now?

dr01d

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 28, 2006
Jakarta
how wide is it? you can keep a whole lot of plecos together in that size tank. but i personally wouldn't have 2 2ft plecos in that size tank. but temp. definately put another few in. how big is that adonis now?
its 2 ft wide....the adonis is only 4" right now....not yet a monster hahahah

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
at 4" you'll be able to have quite a few more plecos in that size tank for probably a good few years

dr01d

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 28, 2006
Jakarta
at 4" you'll be able to have quite a few more plecos in that size tank for probably a good few years
what happen after that??he goes on a rampage??? kill the rest of the plecos?

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
plecos become more and more territorial as they get older (and therefore bigger). this is especially true with males. basically if there are lots and lots of hiding places, plants/caves etc. then plecos may have a couple of territorial disputes (males, usually fight to have dibs on best cave, while females are more nomadic). some males will kill other males of the same species (eg GN's and bristlenoses). if there are lots of hiding places then everything will be fine. when they get bigger, there is going to be less room, less places to hide and less preferable spawning sights, so they may start fighting.

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
If the hiding spots are adequate and plentiful, and the plecos have lived together for quite a while there won't be any problems generally. You also have to rely on the pleco itself. Sometimes you will just get a crazy one. I had a BN go crazy on a chocolate twice his size, and killed him. Also he killed a chocolate cat, striped raphael cat, banjo cat, pictus cat, talking cat, bumble bee cat and a couple small common plecs.

dr01d

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 28, 2006
Jakarta
any recomendation for other pleco tankmates for adonis?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store