Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan F

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Oregon
Chrisplosion;5095687; said:
Last time I was in there Animal House in Corvallis had 2 large ones that looked male. They don't move large fish often so it might still be there. Owner is an ******* though and the store is a dump. They were about $50.

(541) 754-7387
646 SW 4th St.
Corvallis, OR 97333
Chris, I know you had an issue with Dale and the SB FH, but he really isn't that bad of a guy. ;) The store is pretty dumpy, but he stocks some awesome fish that you won't find anywhere else.

Give him a call, Jeff, and see what he has - it is worth a road trip.

Chrisplosion

Mean Cat
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
Oregon, it's part of 'Murica!
Dan F;5098830; said:
Chris, I know you had an issue with Dale and the SB FH, but he really isn't that bad of a guy. ;) The store is pretty dumpy, but he stocks some awesome fish that you won't find anywhere else.

Give him a call, Jeff, and see what he has - it is worth a road trip.
It was a "sb" Uaru that was actually deformed. Hes just rude and the way they keep the animals (especially the birds) is just terrible. On top of that a lot of it is very overpriced. Anything he stocks I can find elsewhere, whether I goto Eugene or Portland I am sure I can find it.

Only thing I can't find is Midas but even he doesn't stock those.

David K. Bradley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2010
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
How large is this female black belt cichlid, Jeff? You failed to mention that in your initial thread post. Just curious.

aclockworkorange

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2010
Rose City
David K. Bradley;5099819; said:
How large is this female black belt cichlid, Jeff? You failed to mention that in your initial thread post. Just curious.
It's a full grown (or close to it) adult female, about 9-10".

Chrisplosion

Mean Cat
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
Oregon, it's part of 'Murica!
I am thinking of ordering from Cichlid Connection or Rapps hopefully near the end on of the month (sonner if my 2 Flowerhorn sell quicker). If you could wait that long to get one we could do a group buy. I'm not sure if either place has a large one but you could check.

I just need to sell those 2 flowerhorn to help pay for it and then I should be able to order.

David K. Bradley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2010
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
5280critters;5099862; said:
are they called black belts because they know martial arts LOL
aclockworkorange;5099940; said:
They have a marking on their side that looks like a black "belt." ;)
If you enter their scientific name into your google search box, you can bring up many photo's of them. I like the photo of the one with the pinkish-red throat. A real eye catcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store