Advice on my *new* Florida Gar...

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2007
USA
I have removed the pike...not happy at all....

But none the less, he is away from the Gar. Currently running the water temp at 81....the snout issue looks much worse...maybe some small skin pieces are hanging from it and it is VERY pink....any advice besides salt, which was already in there as a stress aid....

Any Chemical that can aid in healing?? Never used anything before...

BUT WAIT, he did eat several feeders!!!

Just gotta fix the snout!!

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
289848752;701460; said:
I have removed the pike...not happy at all....

But none the less, he is away from the Gar. Currently running the water temp at 81....the snout issue looks much worse...maybe some small skin pieces are hanging from it and it is VERY pink....any advice besides salt, which was already in there as a stress aid....

Any Chemical that can aid in healing?? Never used anything before...

BUT WAIT, he did eat several feeders!!!

Just gotta fix the snout!!
if conditions in the tank are as you describe, then you should be fine...especially if he is eating again. the gar will be able to heal itself relatively quickly; will take a little time and patience, but he will come around. make sure there aren't any other major stressors, and keep an eye out whether he is constantly rubbing his nose against the glass in the tank.

either way, i would stick with the salt, frequent water changes, and the heat, the gars usually take care of the rest themselves. good luck and keep us posted on how he is doing--
--solomon

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store