Advice/opinion to choose an asian arowana

J.Lake

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
wow great set up! I would try to get a few at least if that is possible. That giant setup deserves at leat ten asians aros

Scylla02

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2011
Philippines
If money isn't the issue and since price not much difference just go for the alpha sapphire ghxb since u like it! Or u may want to consider taking all 6 RTGs... u can put them in a grow out tank until your pond is ready with proper cover, and btw loved your outdoor tank, it'll be a super mansion for one aro.
+1 to this. I'd rather get all the RTG and let them grow in a grow out tank and put them all in the awesome looking fantastic pond you have! For me, it would be more awesome to see many RTG arowana swimming in that big pond, rather than one expensive arowana for such a big pond :)

I love your pond design, especially without covers. I think it wont look that great once there are covers :|

MonFish Fanatic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2008
Malaysia
Hi,

Salute to your nice tank!! Few things to look at when choosing aros :
1. Coloration
2. Barbels
3. Eyes
4. The way it swims
5. Aggresiveness
6. No torn fins
7. Healthy - spread tail, swims around, active, etc

I see that the 2nd pic from top ie,the emerald xb, the Right Eye is going to develope "Down Eye".
and also the Sapphire ghxb 3rd pic from bottom, the Left Eye also is going to get "Down Eye".
Always compare and see both eyes left and right alignment thr same.

When buying aro, NEVER rush in, there's always a better one will come. It is a bit heart broken to see such a nice aro with a down eye problem later.
Wait...observed carefully, find a perfect aro, fully satisfied, then buy so that it's worth yr money buying an expensive aro.

All the best.

ctoychik

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
LAOS
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
Great set-up though without cover it may be a bit risky. Your pondarium would be extra nice if you install UV clarifier to kill off them algae in the water. Since you got a big tank i would go for quantity - RTGs and lots of them ^^

wilkinson

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2009
Upper Uranus
Hi,

Salute to your nice tank!! Few things to look at when choosing aros :
1. Coloration
2. Barbels
3. Eyes
4. The way it swims
5. Aggresiveness
6. No torn fins
7. Healthy - spread tail, swims around, active, etc

I see that the 2nd pic from top ie,the emerald xb, the Right Eye is going to develope "Down Eye".
and also the Sapphire ghxb 3rd pic from bottom, the Left Eye also is going to get "Down Eye".
Always compare and see both eyes left and right alignment thr same.

When buying aro, NEVER rush in, there's always a better one will come. It is a bit heart broken to see such a nice aro with a down eye problem later.
Wait...observed carefully, find a perfect aro, fully satisfied, then buy so that it's worth yr money buying an expensive aro.

All the best.

One of my SR has "drop eye" and it sucks

Koji

Piranha
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
Singapore
I don't see any golden head feature on those golden head crossbacks....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store