African Cichlid Guessing Game

cichlidfinder

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
N W INDIANA
When their not strutting their stuff. They look like this. Most of the time they look almost completly black. I quess hence the nick name midnight.

straitjacketstar

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
www.instagram.com
Your dominant or "show" male "demasoni Mozambique" does not have barring characteristic of P. demasoni from Mozambique. The fact that the oddly shaped bars (which look more like those of P. elongatus Chewere!) are obvious on the front half of the fish and fade toward the caudal just scream it. There should not be orange coloration on the caudal fin either. Same for a few others of the rest of that batch. Fine if you got them from a "reputable source". IMO that fish is at least part P. elongatus no matter how much you swear demasoni up and down.

cichlidfinder

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
N W INDIANA
The problem with ever having something new, is the internet isn't plastered with pictures of what you may have. So Show me a picture of a mozambique in spawning dress and prove me wrong.

EDIT: we can start another thread for this .

I am sorry for starting controversy on a game thread.

Scotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2005
George, South Africa
fish speaker said:
I agree. Maybe Ps. sp. "Elongatus Chewere"?
Definitely not a chewere. I have a male and 2 females, wild caughts, and they don't look like this at all. Chewere have some yellow in the tail area and are loads lighter in colour. Tend to be more brownish with the stripes just showing and the tail showing some pale blue. Will try and see if I can get a clear shot of my male and will post it if successful. :naughty: :woot: :clap :headbang2 :thumbsup:

cichlidfinder

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
N W INDIANA
Scotty your not to bright are ya ? I posted the others to avoid an argument about the mozambiques.

They are Placidochromis phenochilus

And your demasoni Is POMBO rocks NOT MOZAMBIQUE.

With that have fun all

I QUIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store