Afro

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
oh i see...i hope that you get another one...hehe
Maybe at some point in the future but I'm pretty satisfied with my current collection at this time.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Care to share your collection?
Sure,I'm mostly into datnioides these days I have a ST,NTT and four IT dats...I also have a few perch.cichla,pangasius catfish,afer knife fish and two motoro stingrays.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Thank you.I have to take some current shots of them but for now there are photos in some of my older threads.

Reactions: Ivann Kyla

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
hi, actually both eyes are looking down...not really sure if afros experience drop eye too, but i really don't mind...hehe
Nah, I just want to know if the drop eyes happen to Afro like silver, it's good to know the cause of the issue when 2 different species in 2 different continent having same problem in home aquarium :)

Ivann Kyla

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2015
Philippines
Nah, I just want to know if the drop eyes happen to Afro like silver, it's good to know the cause of the issue when 2 different species in 2 different continent having same problem in home aquarium :)
i think that DE can occur to any species of aro...i always put the blame on genes...but as we've probably all heard, DE is a result of various factors that are still under debate...

Ceiling_Matt

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2013
sweden
afro's are despite the common name not arowana's and shouldn't be suspectible to DE (more so then say; arapaima) in addition they have a completely different head structure and lack the upwards facing eyes of an silver arowana - again pointing to them not being able to get it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store