After 2 month on hikari sticks

yanfloist

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 1, 2009
minnesota
your aro is ahead of mine. my is almost 10 months and only 19". My aro's DE doesn't appear to become any better or worse. Still trying though, maybe a few more months.

Saban

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2012
Florida
your aro is ahead of mine. my is almost 10 months and only 19". My aro's DE doesn't appear to become any better or worse. Still trying though, maybe a few more months.
i still have the blinking light on mine overnight, no improvements yet but i'll keep it on for a few months & update regularly. i feed my aro only twice a day, hikari jumbo carnisticks in the AM & frozen silversides in the PM. he doesn't eat much carnisticks because the oscars & jds eat them first but in the PM i give him 4-6 silversides depending on how big they are. once in awhile i try to give him freeze dried shrimp & crickets just to mix up his diet. do you have any other type of food you can suggest for aros?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

yanfloist

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 1, 2009
minnesota
My aro's DE seems to be getting just slightly better. It is less noticeable when the lights are off. When it's looking completely forward, the slight DE is there, but if it looks around, the DE seems to disappear. I also think that turning the lights off is better for the eye. We'll see if I'll succeed nor not.
As for food, I also feed it superworms as well as raw/cooked shrimp. They can get very addicted to shrimp though.

Saban

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2012
Florida
My aro's DE seems to be getting just slightly better. It is less noticeable when the lights are off. When it's looking completely forward, the slight DE is there, but if it looks around, the DE seems to disappear. I also think that turning the lights off is better for the eye. We'll see if I'll succeed nor not.
As for food, I also feed it superworms as well as raw/cooked shrimp. They can get very addicted to shrimp though.
good to hear that your aros de is getting better. maybe in my next one i will try to take better precautions to prevent de. i haven't tried shrimp yet other than the hikari freeze dried shrimp i used to feed him when he was smaller. just wondering which would be less expensive. so fad silver sides isn't too pricey & feeding jumbo carnisticks

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store