Albino African Lungfish with black eyes?

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
That is incredible, would it feed on pellets immediately or did it start on frozen meaty foods?
Thank you 💀🤙 waited many years to afford one of these and gave up a regular colored lung to do so also. I may be lucky, but every lung ive ever kept took to pellets immediately from any size. They are exellent sand sifters and spend most days rooting through every inch of substrate. Ive kept annetcens, aethiopicus and south americans. Treated them all the same with a pellet only diet.

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
A possibility is the fish has a case of vitiligo. Could explain the lack of pigment while having regular eyes. The Australian lungfish in SeaLife Sydney was once regular but after a few years it slowly lost all its pigment and turned platinum. I suspect it had vitiligo too since it was not born like that.

1078212-d4c1c552a1ac3c9a9277ca0405fd7a49.jpg

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
I didn't know there was such an informative thread and interesting discussion going on. And yes lung fish are not being bred yet, and coming out of Africa direct, they do not have the technology to make altered fish yet. I can assure you that these are wild mutations. Yes I have known the altered colored fish for some time now, and I personally dislike fish that are man made for these traits. If you find a wild one like this its certainly unique and rare, anything else is just the same as me cutting a fish in half and selling it as short body.

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Wow, he is so trippy looking. and so cool.
Def. one of my all time favorites 💀🤙… “albino camo” lol… Don’t have many fish left these days, but this guy is here to stay. Hope he hits somewhere near his full potential of 5’

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store