Albino Gulper Catfish

Fallen_Leaves16

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2021
Most rare fish go to East Asia (and some to Europe as well) as people in the United States aren't likely to pay top dollar for rarer fish, unlike the East Asian market for ornamental fish. I don't know of any albino gulpers entering the market in the US, though I have seen some unique albino catfishes in South Korean fish stores, mostly albino doradids, one or two African Clarias, a few Silurus, etc.

I, too, was kinda disappointed about how expensive the Amblydoras were; would've made for a cool breeding project. Think The Waterfront SLC had one as well, but it wasn't available online and was likely equally expensive.

Gulper catfish is cool

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2023
Most rare fish go to East Asia (and some to Europe as well) as people in the United States aren't likely to pay top dollar for rarer fish, unlike the East Asian market for ornamental fish. I don't know of any albino gulpers entering the market in the US, though I have seen some unique albino catfishes in South Korean fish stores, mostly albino doradids, one or two African Clarias, a few Silurus, etc.

I, too, was kinda disappointed about how expensive the Amblydoras were; would've made for a cool breeding project. Think The Waterfront SLC had one as well, but it wasn't available online and was likely equally expensive.
I haven’t seen an albino gulper, that’s cool! I did see this for sale the other day

Yea I had seen it on Jason’s ciclid and pleocs

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
No problem, if it was around $2-300, I’d have bought it too 😂
I'm aware albino fish have their following,especially in Asia but I've never really been all that enamored with them,I did have a pair of albino Oscar's and a few other fish years ago and they were relatively low priced.....otherwise I wouldn't have had them lol!

Reactions: Joshuakahan
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store