Albino silver arowana

Yaouch

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2010
Temple City CA
Just a little input, there are 2 types of Albino Sliver out there. Reg albino which has pink eye, and Ruby eye albino which has black eyes, but put a light on its eye you will see dark ruby color. $800 for a ruby eye is a steal!!!!! I purchase a ruby eye a few years ago for $1600. Back then they were very very rare..... Now they are being flooded by breeders which drive the price down. Currently I have 2 of these badboyz, once at 24" and one at 20" both ruby eye albino. You should be able to tell instantly between an albino and reg silver, they do not look the same what so ever. You will never see silver on an albino, they are mostly pink, white, and will yellow out once to adult.

AznArro

Feeder Fish
Dec 11, 2014
Central Virginia
my understanding is the red eye comes later when they grow older. There's a video online of a farm with albino silvers swimming and possibly breeding with yellow xanthic silvers. Maybe this is where we are getting variations of yellow? Or maybe the yellow just varies is albinos in general...

calichai

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2009
socal, oc
I have a dark eyes albino around 5". The only time I saw it red was when its it was in a dark container acclimating and I used a flashlight from above. You will see them flash red. Otherwise looks black in tank.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Gaurav_patil

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2019
Ok, thanks a lot. I'm planning to buy but just wanted to be sure they are albino before paying so much and buying.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store