Aligator Gar fish

Status
Not open for further replies.

softturtle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2005
N.W. Indiana
amazing animals, hopefully some of those made it back to the pond.

BGG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Me too, I really hate seeing amazing animals like this being killed. :( The 'gator gar in the two pics that I posted was released, though... I was talking to the guy that caught it. :)

magic

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2005
East Bay
There was an alligator gar fishing article in a recent F&S mag. It said alligator gar populations are really going down. It said many ppl think of them as pests and will kill them if possible. Some ppl will shoot them if they see them come to the surface! I think that was about all gar not just alligator... :(

reefman

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
In front of my tanks
they are a original fish though it a cool adition to any tank I've two of these gator gars they are cool they lazy and sluggish but when when they eat its a different story :hitting:

BGG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
magic said:
There was an alligator gar fishing article in a recent F&S mag. It said alligator gar populations are really going down. It said many ppl think of them as pests and will kill them if possible. Some ppl will shoot them if they see them come to the surface! I think that was about all gar not just alligator... :(
Yeah, they're considered trash fish, and morons nation-wide kill them off. Such a shame... :(

BIG REDD

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
MARYLAND, USA
I WANT TO SET UP A NEW 200 GALLON WITH GARS, ARROWANA, AN IM OPEN FOR SUGGESTIONS AS TO WHAT ELSE. IM A FLOWERHORN GUY SO IM STRUGGLING WITH THIS COMMUNITY STUFF. :22_yikes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store