All of my bass!

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
Thoughts on some of the filtration, the poor mans ultima has worked flawlessly it seems to need a blower or a larger pump I can hear the media tumbling when on backwash but now that I actually spent the coin on a ultima filter you can hear the difference the ultima filter really tumbles the media rigorously so it takes less backwash water to properly clean filter. That’s the only difference besides media escaping now with that being said I can go about 6 months on the sand filter before I see any flow change but it takes about 300-400 gallons to backwash/rinse to see no muck coming out of site glass I do about 500 gallon water change in this tank anyways. As of right now I just backwash the sand filter more frequently once a month this was just some playing around with the setup to find a sweet spot and some of my observations.

Closed loop filtration makes it a breeze to do water changes in my tanks drains them super fast if your not backwashing you just flip the multiport valve to waste and it bypasses the filter and dumps water right out for water changes it’s the filling that takes forever.

richyrich

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2010
uk
cigars cigars awsome I wish more people would add they’re filtration setup into they re threads.filtration is a big part of fish keeping and you learn so much from reading about others views and techniques thanks for sharing.

Tony A.

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2016
Very nice

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
This Intermedia just keeps getting better! Trying out some daylight flood bulbs 5k Range not to bad for $9.74 for two bulbs. I have the leds turned down so some red, green, blue leds are on along with floods

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
Got some bad news guys, I decided I was going to clean the diatoms of the glass in the 180 and during cleaning one of my spider kels got spooked and slammed into the glass he instantly couldn’t right himself swimming in circles went upside down etc lost him two days later, before I moved alfalfa and the spider kel I previously lost one because he got tagged by one of my larger rays hence moving the kels to the 180 with the smaller rays. So I have lost two of the grow out group. So kind of gutted he was so pretty.

These two are the only ones left in the 180gallon the R. Parana and one spider kel (alfalfa). So in hind sight I will just leave the diatoms or add a pleco and pray he gets along with the rays.

Before

After minus one bass

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
Awe man. Sorry to hear all that. Sad day. Maybe try a flagtail, way better cleaners than pleco.
Yeah need to try something instead of sticking my meat hooks in there and scaring the sh*t out of the bass and rays

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store