Alligator gar FTS....

kookiejar2

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2007
India
Thank you all for the appreciation and the tank mate ideas..... It's going to be the lone ranger for the time being.
Here's a close up of him/ her....

IMG_7765A.jpg

H]-[H

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
Malaysia
Any fish that can't fit in its mouth can be a candidate for tankmate..
It's a beautiful gator.. Keep up the good work :)
Was curious how you convert it to pellets from live food..

xander

Manjuari
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Singapore
H]-[H;7050202 said:
:nono:gator gars are notorious for killing/trying to eat tankmates that were obviously wayyy too big

kookiejar2

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2007
India
H]-[H;7050202 said:
Thanks H]-[H.... For the time being it'll stay solo. Will think of tank mates when this guy goes to a bigger tank or pond that I have plans of undertaking this year.
I used good old 'starving' to convert it from live to pellets. Now it's on a dried shrimp and pellets diet. I may give it 'live' treats occasionally.

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
Is that a 72x36x24 300g? An intek pool with a pond liner, multiple powerheads, and serious filtration would be a great back up plan in case he gets out of hand sooner rather than later. Really beautiful fish, I wish I had space for one.

Some guy I was talking to at my lfs last month had one in a 125 at the time and was trying to convince me to take it and put it in my 180 T.T

Kid-o is probably in lake lanier by now if he's still kicking...

kookiejar2

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2007
India
Is that a 72x36x24 300g? An intek pool with a pond liner, multiple powerheads, and serious filtration would be a great back up plan in case he gets out of hand sooner rather than later. Really beautiful fish, I wish I had space for one.

Some guy I was talking to at my lfs last month had one in a 125 at the time and was trying to convince me to take it and put it in my 180 T.T

Kid-o is probably in lake lanier by now if he's still kicking...
Thanks the lion who ate the sun..... It's actually smaller at 60x36x24. Soon building my own house where a decent sized glass fronted indoor pond is a part of the house. Hope it'll be alright here for a few more months before I shift him.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store