Alligator News

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I've eaten gator though I can't be certain if it was wild,free range sewer or farmed gator,the supermarket carries it from time to time.
I have a funny feeling that the meat from the chicken fed farmed gators may have a slight edge over their turd eating counterparts, lol.

Reactions: CrazyPhishMan

r3dbullxxx

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2019
to me....gator tastes like gator....frogs taste like frog....when people say, "tastes like chicken" most likely no...texture, maybe... not flavor...so far, to me anyway... some say prepared right, gar taste like lobster...and there was a snakehead recipe somewhere... haven[t tried either of those....can't confirm or deny...we have lovely gar in my ponds...I don't have the heart to kill one or have the ability to see the leeches, ich, deformities, etc. on the mosquito fish and shiners to wanna eat ANYTHING outta that pond...lol.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I have a funny feeling that the meat from the chicken fed farmed gators may have a slight edge over their turd eating counterparts, lol.
Yeah.,chicken meal has got to yield better meat quality than sewer rat and garbage!

r3dbullxxx

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2019
View attachment 1519210
Video footage snapshot of a gator wondering a sewer system underneath the streets of Oviedo Florida.
This is cool, but a little suspicious (to me-the skeptic) as far as the caption goes. It looks more like a drainage tube due to the lack of everything that typically goes into a sewer...lol...and the high water marks on the side. Second, the camera is suspect as it's right in the middle, even if hanging down...so, whether a worker did it or someone who saw the gator going in and out or saw the footprints/drag marks...etc. and put it there...it might not live in a sewer...it might just be using the path of least resistance to get from point A to point B....We have several of these near me/my work and they've tried to put bars across them, and the gators simply go next to the tube and push their way under the underneath the chainlink fence...even when it's rebarred into the dirt. They uproot and bend the bars with no effort...it doesn't even scratch their armor. It's amazing footage...makes me wanna go look in the tubes around here...lol.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
This is cool, but a little suspicious (to me-the skeptic) as far as the caption goes. It looks more like a drainage tube due to the lack of everything that typically goes into a sewer...lol...and the high water marks on the side. Second, the camera is suspect as it's right in the middle, even if hanging down...so, whether a worker did it or someone who saw the gator going in and out or saw the footprints/drag marks...etc. and put it there...it might not live in a sewer...it might just be using the path of least resistance to get from point A to point B....We have several of these near me/my work and they've tried to put bars across them, and the gators simply go next to the tube and push their way under the underneath the chainlink fence...even when it's rebarred into the dirt. They uproot and bend the bars with no effort...it doesn't even scratch their armor. It's amazing footage...makes me wanna go look in the tubes around here...lol.
Go on and take a look and report back afterwards.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Go on and take a look and report back afterwards.
Lol. Yeah, go up the sewage pipe and look for the gator!! Only problem is.....he might not be reporting back afterwards, lol.

Reactions: r3dbullxxx

r3dbullxxx

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2019
Lol. Yeah, go up the sewage pipe and look for the gator!! Only problem is.....he might not be reporting back afterwards, lol.
Ooooo. If you guys only knew me...I just gotta watch out...not for gators...lol...for the "public servants" who have warned me to stay out of certain areas...ya know...for my own safety. ;) hahahaha. We shall see. Time to break out the trail cams and the GoPros. :) Challenge Accepted.

CrazyPhishMan

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2017
Massachusetts
Ooooo. If you guys only knew me...I just gotta watch out...not for gators...lol...for the "public servants" who have warned me to stay out of certain areas...ya know...for my own safety. ;) hahahaha. We shall see. Time to break out the trail cams and the GoPros. :) Challenge Accepted.
Sadly, this was the last the MFK community would hear from R3dBullXXX. Some say they are still wandering around down there and to listen for banging in your pipes.

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
The worst thing we have around here might be rattlesnakes and black widow spiders.

There’s not enough water here for alligators & such things.

If we had them around here I would want to have a varmint license for sure.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store