Almond Tree Leaves Hit MFK

batang_mcdo

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2006
Manila
meiling;489597; said:
I found a supplier who focuses on quality, they're carefully handled and cured, I like her leaves, better than the others I've had. Shipping is a big ouch, so I tried to get as many at once.....so I'll have more soon.

Can't you go collect them? Get yer azz out there!:D
lol :D will look for trees later :D

Kuda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2006
Benton,Ky
ok just got my leaves....had to smell them just to be on the safe side:naughty:

anyway i just put a couple infrot of my filter cartridges in the filter, im goin to help my grandparents move all day today so hopefully everyone wont be dead when i return tonight....lol anyway i'll update tonight

meiling

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2005
In your Computer
Well, sounds like almost all of you are getting leaves now, I'm getting questions about methods of "How do I use them?" Big aren't they? See the rich color, that shows that they were well treated and a good quality.

method 1, 1 prefer, put the leaves in loose, or hang them in a fish safe media bag. I put 7 in my 55 the first time. This slowly changes the water, vs a sidden change. The leaves fall apart starting at around 2 weeks, squeeze them out and as you change water, add a new leaf for every 5-10 gallons. Your fish love it all, you can control the light amber hue clear to a dark tea.

As far as method #2 making tea,presoaking leaves in sun water or hot water releases the tanin instantly and makes a tea. I would probably pour it in gradual over time

uhh canister filters, I hate to mess with en entire bacterial ecosystem and zennzzo is writing up some research and experiments he's been doing with his leaves.

So, please share what you did, how it's going, thanks.

ZOO YORK 207

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 14, 2006
Frederick, MD
well i took about 2 leaves for each tanks and just ripped them in peices and put them in the tank

2leaves- 55's
3leaves- 75

still got leaves left

flamenco-t

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2006
South of Heaven
how long do you leave the leafs in the tank before you have to take them back out ?

meiling

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2005
In your Computer
Mine last for about 2 weeks, as soon as the leaves start to have holes, I remove them and put in new ones, dry. If you put them in hot water and make tea first, the leaves will not last as long before they begin to breakdown.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store