Am i out of line, please educate me???

Status
Not open for further replies.

golcondorus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2006
Oregon
there are several people on here, possiblly more, who think im kind of an ass, mainly cause i never let anything i see which is harmful to fish, go, i always comment on it, even if they didnt ask, i know that can kind or seem nasty, but, i really cant stand that kind of thing, so, what i want to know is. how many people on here could actually keep in appropriate conditions, say, a 13 foot alligator gar, or 10 foot 250lb wells cat, or a 10 foot airapaima, or full grown nile perch, or a Mekong catfish. you really would need at least 20-50,000 gallons minimum to house one of these true monsters, hell, even the popular GATF gets like 6 feet, an open water fish, how can anyone exept maybe, maybe 0.1% of fishkeepers house these fish properlly, yet people all over get them every day, i would really like some input from people who actually keep one of these species, or, am i just out of line????????????????????

4wheelvfr

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
Southern Illinois
I've got to agree with you here. There are just some fish that should be left in nature unless you have a truly monster tank. I see this in marine tanks a lot too.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Always remember.... it is not about just telling them what they are doing wrong, it is about educating them so that they know better. Tact is the important part of the informational transmission.

Stump

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2008
Bichir Alley
Pharaoh;3791974; said:
Always remember.... it is not about just telling them what they are doing wrong, it is about educating them so that they know better. Tact is the important part of the informational transmission.
This is exactly it.

blackghostuk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2009
UK
Me too. Totally agree. I dont keep any of them - because I cant!!!
But some people think they will only grow to the size of the tank, which is not entirely true. Or that they will stay smaller if they dont feed them too much. To me this isnt how to keep fish. I like fish, so I want to keep them as well as I possibly can, and this includes giving them enough space.

And well done for speaking out!! They know you're right - they just dont want to face their selfishness.

golcondorus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2006
Oregon
yeah, i suppose i could be more diplomatic about it, but i find it intersting, only people who agree with me posted here, no one who actually owns those fish, makes me think they already know there doing something wrong, and dont want to try and defend themselves, anyone else?????????????????????????????????????

Lemons

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2010
Maryland
Ya, 4 setups out of how many?

THe only reason I was even able to have my Atlantic Sturgeon is because it was part of a state program and when he got too big I could give him back, and he would in 10 years help save the species in the wild.

i completely %100 agree with you

fobrinkle

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2008
Michigan
How are the owners of the fish supposed to know what this thread is about when the title is Am i out of line, please educate me???

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store