American Bullfrog Setup?

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
uploadfromtaptalk1425351658985.jpg

Krichardson bro. We gig for them at night. Use an ultra bright flashlight and they freeze, then creep quietly and gig them. We cut the legs to fry and use the head and torso for catfish bait and fish food.

uploadfromtaptalk1425351819185.jpg

Z Trip

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Canada
I agree with 75 gallon tank being a fitting size for a small frog. We must not forget, frogs jump. You don't want it smashing into the glass every time it tries to jump. I think it would look really good an adult in a 6 foot tank properly set up.

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
A 60 footer - sure!

Don't forget that many 6 foot tanks are super narrow - which is just as bad as a 40 gal.

They jump by nature, and can cover huge distances with each jump. They really are not good aquarium pets. For instance - you should be looking at a 6x6 area, about 3 feet high, at least. for proper housing. Or, just start a backyard pond.

There are many, many, thousands of other frogs that are more suitable to aquaria.

CretaceousCreatures101

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2015
Oakland County, Michigan
A 60 footer - sure!

Don't forget that many 6 foot tanks are super narrow - which is just as bad as a 40 gal.

They jump by nature, and can cover huge distances with each jump. They really are not good aquarium pets. For instance - you should be looking at a 6x6 area, about 3 feet high, at least. for proper housing. Or, just start a backyard pond.

There are many, many, thousands of other frogs that are more suitable to aquaria.
Ok, thanks for the help. I'll probably look into other species instead.

Z Trip

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Canada
Tomato frogs are nice, I've always liked those. Check them out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store