American Eel info

Fishysweet

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2014
Virginia
congrats on your new cutie if its a female she will grow around a 6-12" the first year you have her then she will slow down and start filling out and get longer over the next few years. They grow to different sizes but males don't get as large.

syddakyd

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2008
NY
i got one myself. it hasnt ate yet. i offered sashimi. ill try shrimp tonight.

andyroo

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2011
MoBay, Jamaica
www.seascapecarib.com
Fishysweet- the cichlids in your tank don't grieve the eel?
I've come into a couple of tiny jaguars that are currently in grow-out, and am thinking of putting them into the 100Gal as they get big enough to not get consumed (local eel as well as nasty black mullet & big-mouth sleeper goby, all with mouths about the same size).... under much and careful observation, certainly.

Fishysweet

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2014
Virginia
Fishysweet- the cichlids in your tank don't grieve the eel?
I've come into a couple of tiny jaguars that are currently in grow-out, and am thinking of putting them into the 100Gal as they get big enough to not get consumed (local eel as well as nasty black mullet & big-mouth sleeper goby, all with mouths about the same size).... under much and careful observation, certainly.[/QUOT
Nope none of them bother her and she doesn't bother them. sometimes some fish use her as a pillow lol

Fishysweet

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2014
Virginia
Any advice for tankmates?
Any advice for tankmates?
Really anything that isn't extremely aggressive I have mine with cichlids catfish and a loach. shes been in with a lot of different fish. I've had her since 2004. what were your thinking of putting in with it?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store