Anchor Worms? Oh nooo!

QuErorZ

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2007
turkey
Guys,

I have these fish for 2 months now(pond fish). And these fish had no contact with any other fish ever since.

And all of a sudden a fish stops eating and then i spot some little white stuff which is just like dead skin of a wound. But then i figured maybe these are anchor worms. Please don't tell me these are anchor worms... I can't deal with this disease right now.

By the way these are much shorter than the ones i saw online. And they don't have that very distinct shape like anchor worms.

Last edited:

QuErorZ

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2007
turkey
I don't know guys. I checked the fish very carefully but these stuff on the fish isn't like any anchor worm picture i have seen. They mostly don't have 2 tails. They are not very thin and long like in those pictures. But so what is this?

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Skin flukes, treat with prazi.

Reactions: Charney

QuErorZ

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2007
turkey
Tom, are you 100% sure? Because i will start salt bath treatment if you are sure. There is almost no picture of that "skin flukes" disease you mentioned. So i can't make sure.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Yes use prazi or API general cure.

QuErorZ

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2007
turkey
Tom, i am from Turkey and we don't have those. My best shot is using salt. Is this a contagious disease?

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Tom, i am from Turkey and we don't have those. My best shot is using salt. Is this a contagious disease?
Yes it is contagious. Try a salt concentration 4 teaspoons per gallon in a bath. 15 to 30 mins, watch the fish if it rolls remove to freshwater. This should kill them. The main tank should be treated with 2 table spoons per gallon but first do a 75% water change then add the salt. First let the fish recover from the bath treatment.

QuErorZ

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2007
turkey
Wailua it will take at least 10 days for me to receive the medicine. Sucks...

Tom, i will do salt bath in a couple minutes. Then, tomorrow i will put the fish in a water with methylene blue and salt. Methylene Blue is what we use here for the most parasites.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store