Ancistrus ID?

Fallen_Leaves16

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2021
As far as I'm aware, L150 was a randomly-imported Ancistrus with a pattern consisting of a predominantly grey-brown colour marked with yellowish-white dots; I believe Aquarium-Glaser considers it to be patronus, but the claim cannot be truly legitimized. Regardless, it does not resemble the fish you have; I'd suspect your fish to be one of the many miscellaneous brown Ancistrus species, perhaps triradiatus, but I'm rather awful at differentiating them and can't be certain. It does seem to be a nice, healthy fish, though. Good luck!

netog88

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
Mexico
As far as I'm aware, L150 was a randomly-imported Ancistrus with a pattern consisting of a predominantly grey-brown colour marked with yellowish-white dots; I believe Aquarium-Glaser considers it to be patronus, but the claim cannot be truly legitimized. Regardless, it does not resemble the fish you have; I'd suspect your fish to be one of the many miscellaneous brown Ancistrus species, perhaps triradiatus, but I'm rather awful at differentiating them and can't be certain. It does seem to be a nice, healthy fish, though. Good luck!
Thanks!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store