Andrao male eating their eggs

Bodhisatta

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2023
Hello guys, I have a andrao pair that incubated sometimes but always the male eats the eggs while incubating...
Any tips to it doesn't happens?
Parameters okay, tank size 100x40x50 cm, with coconut cutted and some plants, floating plants...

Kouch

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2022
Hello guys, I have a andrao pair that incubated sometimes but always the male eats the eggs while incubating...
Any tips to it doesn't happens?
Parameters okay, tank size 100x40x50 cm, with coconut cutted and some plants, floating plants...
You need to prevent the fish from being frightened so it won't swallow the eggs

Reactions: tlindsey

Bodhisatta

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2023
You need to prevent the fish from being frightened so it won't swallow the eggs
I keep the pair in a 100x40x50 cm tank, Woods, plants, substrate, a coconut with a hole, mayhem they got afraid when we open the Door to the room... the last time I was doing a waterchange-i don't often do waterchanges to my channas-, when I was putting the new water I noticed that the male was incubating, so obviously he swallow the eggs, now I need the water become more old to them breed again, later I send the tank setup to some tips, i studied how breed with the Indonesians, but of course, most of them don't keep well the channas

Kouch

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2022
I keep the pair in a 100x40x50 cm tank, Woods, plants, substrate, a coconut with a hole, mayhem they got afraid when we open the Door to the room... the last time I was doing a waterchange-i don't often do waterchanges to my channas-, when I was putting the new water I noticed that the male was incubating, so obviously he swallow the eggs, now I need the water become more old to them breed again, later I send the tank setup to some tips, i studied how breed with the Indonesians, but of course, most of them don't keep well the channas
Keeping snakeheads does not require frequent water changes. Changing the water will frighten them and swallow their eggs

Bodhisatta

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2023
Keeping snakeheads does not require frequent water changes. Changing the water will frighten them and swallow their eggs
Yeah I know, I just did because was 2 months or more that I Didn't do waterchanges, but is how they likes, old matured water

Kouch

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2022
Yeah I know, I just did because was 2 months or more that I Didn't do waterchanges, but is how they likes, old matured water
There is no need to change the water when raising snakeheads. Especially during breeding. The next breeding season is coming. Hope to see your fish baby

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store