Angel Fry?

mrbipolar

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2006
Georgia, US
www.freeadvertisingforum.com
On a side note... I have used fry bites but the angel fry seem to prefer live brines, and when the got older and had larger appetites I swithed to frozen and they LOVED that. The only thing is I had to be VERY careful about how big the frozen brine were as I discovered in my first ever fry batch that they can't eat fully grown frozen brines... as a matter of fact they were quite scared of them:ROFL:

JuanTamad

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, Fl
Live bbs(baby brine shrimp) works best. Next After that, frozen bbs. The yolk of hard boiled eggs or artificial bbs works, too.

Some newly free swimmimg Angels are too small to take any of the above, though. For these infusoria and/or green water works and should be used for a few days until they get big enough to take the bigger fry foods.

andy123

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2006
PALM COAST FL
I've tired just about everything out there. and the thing I liked the best was decapsulated brine shrimp.. what I would do is take a small coffee cup, and add some tank water, then put about 2 table spoons of decaps. into the water. in about 30 minutes I would take the a small scoop of the eggs out, it will look like wet sand. and then just put the spoon into the water, and shake it just enough so the eggs start to come off the spoon. and move the spoon the whole length of the tank, this will ensure that every fry will have a chance at eating.. the left overs I would put back into the refig. and use it at the next feeding. I fed all my fry 5 times a day. It sounds like a lot, but I used to raise discus, and I would barely lose fry this way.

another thing if you just have to use live bbs, they do sell a decapsulated bs, that you can hatch, and there are no egg shells. just do everything like normal, but when you shut of the air supply, everything you should see is all bbs.

don't get me worng with bbs, I did use it, but I worked alot, and never had the time to hatch it. that's why I went with decaps. plus little or no mess.

there's one more thing, that I never used, but friends of mine have for feeding there blue rams, and it's the golden pearls. they come in all different sizes, and I think there just as good if they can keep the ram fry alive..

andy

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store