Angel fry

Paige

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2015
Hey everyone I need some help I have 2 silver p. Scalares that are on their 2nd time breeding. The first time the male wouldn't do his job and she ate the babys. This time all went well until some of the eggs started turning white on day 2 and than the fungus started to grow to the other eggs. I know it takes a few times for them to learn how to care for their young. But i found myself already attached to these little guys and couldn't sit around and watch it happen. After not having any luck with a breeder net or using separate tank in the past I'm trying something else I found online. That is to take a clean mayonaise jar put tank water and put the leaf with the eggs on it in the jar with a air stone. My question is has anyone else did this before? Correct me if I wrong but on about the 3rd day shouldnt they become wigglers? Once they are wigglers do they still need an air stone over them or would they be ok to just go into the 20 gallon with a sponge filter? Thank you in advance :)

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
i use sponge filters in my fry tanks and breeding tanks, sponge filters are like airstones+1. I would just let nature take it's course....are there other fish in the tank or just the 2 Angels? If so, you could try removing the male after the eggs are fertilized

Reactions: tlindsey

Paige

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2015
They are currently with 2 small plecos 3 siamese algea eaters a baby leopard ctenopoma and baby electric blue ram. Its so strange the male was actually taking care of the babys during the day. And the female was taking care of them during the night. Is that normal Angel Behavior?

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
i use sponge filters in my fry tanks and breeding tanks, sponge filters are like airstones+1. I would just let nature take it's course....are there other fish in the tank or just the 2 Angels? If so, you could try removing the male after the eggs are fertilized

If you remove the eggs protect them with methylene blue, or like was suggested just leave them with the parents.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store