Angelfish fry question

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
My breeder pair laid some eggs about a week or so ago, and after getting a new tank, I basically forgot about them. The breeder pair laid some more eggs last night, and after waiting for them both to finish, I put the slate in the same tank as the other eggs. I woke up this morning and took a good look at the eggs, and I noticed a couple fry swimming around. After staring at that tank for a total of 30 minutes throughout the day, I still only noticed two. They still have their yolk sacs, so I don't have to feed them yet, but when I do, can I substitute the baby brine shrimp for frozen Daphnia?

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Btw make sure that fungused eggs if any get removed asap, fungus will spread and kill fry.

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
Like I said I basically forgot about those eggs (The first batch, not the second) while I was getting the new tank ready. Those two fry were the only two that ended up surviving, so I spent about 10 minutes removing 40+ eggs.

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
Like I said I basically forgot about those eggs (The first batch, not the second) while I was getting the new tank ready. Those two fry were the only two that ended up surviving, so I spent about 10 minutes removing 40+ eggs.
The tank is fungus free now.

Reactions: tlindsey

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Is there any difference between Daphnia and Baby Brine Shrimp nutrition wise? Is one better for fry than the other, or are they about the same?

You will get different reviews but imo BBS is nutritional only after hatching, that's why I choose to only use instant BBS from Ocean Nutrition. Tbh I don't like hatching BBS eggs lol.:)

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Stephen I use methylene blue when hatching fertilized eggs, don't know if you ever considered methylene blue.

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
Stephen I use methylene blue when hatching fertilized eggs, don't know if you ever considered methylene blue.
I have, but don't feel like buying it. I already have Pimafix and Melafix, which I believe (More or less hope, rather than believe) does the same thing.

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
The eggs were laid last Monday, and became wrigglers last Wednesday. Should I go ahead and feed them? I'm not sure how long they have been there, or how long they keep the yolk sack. I may be wrong on them still having one, as this is the first time I've had eggs hatch.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store