angler minimum tank size

Derf

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2007
Illinois, near chicago
Does anybody know which is a smallest frogfish/angler for sale and the minimum tank size for it? I've heard people say 30-70 gallons, and then I've heard of less than 10 gallons for some. Anyone?

PEVINE11

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2007
Franklin N.H
www.myspace.com
Wartskin Frogfish - 3.9 inchs ( 20 gallons )

Painted Frogfish - 3.9 inchs ( 20 gallons )

Giaqnt Frogfish - 11.8 inchs ( 30 gallons )

Striaated Frogfish - 8.6 inchs ( 30 gallons )

Scarlet/Freckled Frogfish - 5.1 inchs ( 30 gallons )

Wartskin Frogfish - 3.9 ( 30 gallons )

Coinbearing/Whitefingered frogfish - 5.1 inchs ( 30 gallons )

Hispid/shaggy frogfish - 7.9 inchs ( 30 gallons )

Longlure Frogfish - 7.9 inchs ( 30 gallons )

ALL frogfish - Will eat Ornamental shrimps and ( small ) fish tankmates, May perch on corral.

FOODS - meatyfoods includeing marine fish and cruseation flesh. live fish may be needed to initrate feeding. feed 2 - 3 times a week. ( do not feed oversized pray items )

_ MARINE FISHES _ BY: SCOTT W. MICHAEL

Typed by: PEVINE11 @ MFK

EDIT: STAIGHT OUT OF THE BOOK, DO NOT FLAME ME FOR THE INFO!

Derf

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2007
Illinois, near chicago
hmm, wartskin is put down twice, one as 30 gallons the other as 20 gallons. Other than that, DAMN I NEED THAT BOOK!

pete620

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2005
Ohio
I keep my painted in a 29 gallon reef, and feed him once a week. Overfeeding is the leaking cause of death for frog fish, I would not feed any more than 1-2 times a week. Also watch your nitrates, anything over 10-15ppm may affect their health.
For more info go the the frogfish forum at grimreefers.com

Twitterbait

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2007
Um... Here...
www.xtremeaquatix.com
IMO, it depends on the filtration you have on the tank. if you have a good filter and skimmer you can keep most frogs in a 10g tank. they don't swim very much, so all you need to provide i a few spots for them to hang out and keep the water clean.

grmanrocks

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2006
Fishville
i keep my angler (black unidentified species) in a 1.5 gallon pico and feed him one damsel every week as well as 2 ghost shrimp every day

hes about 1" long and seems as happy as he culd be, comming to the front of the tank to beg. hes been in there for over 6 months.

it is a temporary housing situation tho, as he will be moving to a 2.5 as part of my frogfish display (him, Antennarius striatus, Histrio histrio, and hopefully a white collar) housed independatly in a series of picos.

i feel that, due to the fishes mainly stationary lifestyle, as long as water quality is maintianed (frequent water changes, lots of natural filtration and circulation) they can be housed in incredibly small tanks.

vicedretard

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2006
in the river
im planning on putting an angler in a 29 gall by itself once im done cycling...i was going to make it a reef but i dont think im up to the challenge of keeping reef alive and stuff with my heavey school load i barely get to check this site out between my animals school and work. but a 20 gal long rather then high ,as they will walk more then swim,is the smallest i would go for mos species as they do not move around to much. if you get on of the larger species ranging from 8-12 inches i would go with a 29 at smallest but prefer a 30. keep a good filtration on them and do not over feed make sure you read up on them before you buy one. let your tank cycle whil you read up one them, $60 + is alot of money to lose on a fish cause you didnt allow proper cycling and reading time...good luck post flicks if you get one

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store