Annoying dilemma. ..

kiep

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
chicago, il
So i have a 180 that has 2 aquaclear 110s filled with pothos...my wife thinks i needed a third one to make it look more uniform (lol)...so as im setting up the third one i realize the right end of the tank is just millimeters back to far. So the filter wont slide behind the tank...im thinking of just doing a huge (80ish percent) water change and then trying to inch it ahead...the carpet is short so i have that going for me..im just thinking even with 40 or so gallons and the weight of everything else in the tank that its still a lot of weight for me to push..am i wasting my time or is this doable?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Have a full tank shot?

Sent from my SM-G900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Very nice!

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
can I have all that wood?
:-]

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; I would not try to move a tank that size with anything in it. I would only try it empty. As I understand it you do not need the extra filtration? In time, months or years, there will come another reason to break down the tank. Be patient.

kiep

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
chicago, il
Nice tank. You r lucky that wife wants you to add more. My wife always ask me to take everything aparts.

vr6fan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2010
Waukesha, WI
Nice tank. You r lucky that wife wants you to add more. My wife always ask me to take everything aparts.

Thank u sir.....im happy to have a very supportive wife :)....so anybody have any thoughts on shaving down the trim?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Binge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2014
Ohio
If you really want it done without a full break down I would take the water down to the bare minimum your fish can handle your back will thank you for it. I did this with a 55g on concrete solo and that mofo was heavy.

RedDwarf

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2009
Where the Sun is Warm
What I would do is move the fish into a holding container and fully drain the water from the tank, depending on how strong you are and then move the tank away from the wall. Remember that glass isn't light and your substrate will add to the weight. You should try to lift up the side that needs to be moved and that you may not want the filter rubbing against the wall. I have done it with larger glass tanks, up to 300 gals, but know your limitations and be safe for yourself and the fish.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store