another aba aba thread

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
Had an aba aba about ten years ago and loved it. I sold him at around 12 inches due to a lot of moving around on my part. I may have an open 125g and playing with the idea of getting another one. About how big can the fish get comfortably in this size tank and about how long can it take? I won't be able to upgrade for at least four years. thanks

Tramonte172

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2010
My fish room
am i the only person in the world that does NOT find aba aba attractive? lol they have kinda creepy faces i think! lol IMO anyhow

The creepy smile makes them cool.

You may need a bigger tank than a 125 in 4 years but you may not. Their growth slows way down after 18". Mine grew over 1" per month until he was about 18". He has grown about 5" in the last 12 months.
Make sure your tank is dark with plenty of cover and keep your water pristine. There is my $.2.

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
The creepy smile makes them cool.
They look cool and they are really personable. Here's a couple pics of mine in its 180 gallon tank. One pic the Aba is showing off its new white PVC cap (toy) that was stuck in the bulkhead and covered with 3" of black sand.

The other is the new fort it built with the black sand just so I couldn't see him any more :irked:

DSC_0409.JPG

DSC_0410.JPG

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
They are cool but mean as hell. You can't keep them with any other fish and who wants a single fish in one tank? Gets really boring IMO
I do, I like it! It kinda looks like a pet shop though, at my house. The trick, really, is just get more tanks. I have lots of fish and lots of tanks :)

Below is a shot of my living room. The Aba aba is on the far right, then the gulper tank (5 Gulper cats) then my 450 predator tank then my 360 Dat tank.

My fish room (spare bedroom) has a 210 all set up for my Goonch cat and a few grow out tanks......

Nothing boring going on at all :) Well the Goonch is boring, I swear it doesn't move but once a week but I enjoy talking about it :)

DSC_0259.JPG

ultimatejay

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
USA
I do, I like it! It kinda looks like a pet shop though, at my house. The trick, really, is just get more tanks. I have lots of fish and lots of tanks :)

Below is a shot of my living room. The Aba aba is on the far right, then the gulper tank (5 Gulper cats) then my 450 predator tank then my 360 Dat tank.

My fish room (spare bedroom) has a 210 all set up for my Goonch cat and a few grow out tanks......

Nothing boring going on at all :) Well the Goonch is boring, I swear it doesn't move but once a week but I enjoy talking about it :)
Very nice setup you got there. If you like a one fish tank than that's cool. I'm just saying its not my cup of tea. Aba Aba are really cool fish though and so are Goonch!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store