Another Newbie to Arrow.;-{)

ScullCraca

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2007
Denver Colo
I had to do it! I am another proud Arowana owner. I have it in with 5 Pb. All 6 fish are 5'' in a 55g. Future 240g all.

DSC01548.JPG

DSC01569.JPG

DSC01563.JPG

DSC01543.JPG

DSC01541.JPG

dmopar74

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2006
Tri cities washington
silvers under 6" are very fragile and 5" pbass are pretty aggresive, im willing to bet the farm so to speak that if that silver is left in with those pbass it will be dead, either from stress, having to fight for food, or injury from the pbass.

ScullCraca

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2007
Denver Colo
The Pb's are not aggressive at this age. It basic size of the mouth if the can't swallow it they don't bother it same can be said about the Arowana. From all the information I have read and fro the opinion of other MFK members. Thanks for the warning but I will watch for aggro. and separate if needed.

ScullCraca

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2007
Denver Colo
dmopar74;1576958; said:
silvers under 6" are very fragile and 5" pbass are pretty aggresive, im willing to bet the farm so to speak that if that silver is left in with those pbass it will be dead, either from stress, having to fight for food, or injury from the pbass.
I feed the Arowana two minutes after I let him hit the water during my lunch break when I brought him today threw him in and he ate and it WAS HAND FEED! Just like I feed the Pbass so I make sure everyone eats. After I got home from work I feed them all again the same way and let them chase a few around. I have 25 cichlids and no deaths from stress and as for aggro. I am not going to let it go that far. Thanks again for the warning, I think?!?!?

xxt2goodxx

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2005
www.myspace.com
well good luck on what you decide to do! there are many weird combinations that may or may not work... there is a guy here that has a community arowana tank.... its soo awesome i wish i could do that but mine killed everything then jumped the tank.... it was lame... but hey if it works for ya then go for it

dmopar74

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2006
Tri cities washington
xxt2goodxx;1577010; said:
well good luck on what you decide to do! there are many weird combinations that may or may not work... there is a guy here that has a community arowana tank.... its soo awesome i wish i could do that but mine killed everything then jumped the tank.... it was lame... but hey if it works for ya then go for it
pbass and aro is a great combo, i got pbass and aro together as many others do. my only concern was the aro's small size.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Nice looking little aro ya got there, van't comment on the pbass(never had any) as long as the silver is eating and swimming then he is fine.

ScullCraca

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2007
Denver Colo
Bderick67;1577039; said:
Nice looking little aro ya got there, van't comment on the pbass(never had any) as long as the silver is eating and swimming then he is fine.
Thanks Derick! Man at are next meeting do I have a topic for us to get out of our system. But yea I was concerned as well until he hand feed and then I was like well, welcome to Scull's house!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store