Any Bichir owners in India?

Weylin

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2007
Inside a Bottle
Kaya;4230889; said:
hey ppl.. was wondering if there are any bichir owners from india in MFK? I've been thinking about buying a couple of them.. any idea on a fair price for a say 6" polyp? please let me know.. cheers..
There are a few of them... I used to have a breeding pair of senegals, a pair of albino senegals and ornates...

Kaya

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2009
Madurai, Tamilnadu, India
hey weylin.. thanks mate.. this guy is charging me some 3k INR for these bichirs (pair).. is that a fair price.. about a year back i had checked in a different aquarium and the guy said it was 600 INR.. the guy i've been dealing with now..he has albino senegals and i think the other one could be senegals.. and he spun a yarn sayin they were breeding size????? 6 inch and breeding size??? I'm not really interested if they breed or do.. I just want monsters :)

demonknight

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2007
India
if they are Ornates then 3k sounds about right.

but senegals are much cheaper.

i have 3 ornates, 2 senegals and 1 endii

Cholly

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2009
Metro Atlanta
HerpHunter77;4260962; said:
is that the same as a dinosaur bichir? i see those in the pet store all the time. i really want one .
Dinosaur bichir is what PetSmart calls senegals. 50% off through the 5th here in WA.
Picked up two myself for $6.50 with tax, got a survey coupon for three bucks off, picked up an African Brown Knife for 2 bucks and change out of pocket. My weekend for making out like a bandit, lol.

Jakob

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2008
Iceland
Nope, there are no bichir owners in India! Sorry mate, atleast you tried.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store