Any friends or family ever caused a fish death?

GlennDalton

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2015
Cloverdale
www.facebook.com
Yes. My Mother. I went on vacation for two weeks and left very specific instructions. Instead of feeding a teaspoon three times a day she fed them a TABLESPOON three times a day. She didn't even call me when they started dying because "goldfish die all the time". Uhhhhh.

seanxwarp

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2014
San Diego and Philippines
My relative killed my oscar through a prank. My friend was taking care of my african cichlids for a week but killed them feed them bread since he couldn't find the pellets which were on top of the hood. My cousin had a huge party at my house where some of his friends poured a whole keg of beer into my tanks while I was not watching. The beer killed all of my stock which was probably worth a few hundred thousand. I forced these pranksters to pay for the damage and punished them through painful means.

FluffySackson

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2014
I saw someone dump a beer in a turtle tank at a house party once. I didn't feel too bad, poor Lil feller didn't have any uv light, filtration or heating. The drunk fool did him a favor, putting him out of his misery, soft peeling shell at all.

I saw a guy dump a whole bottle of betta pellets in a betta bowl at a party once too. Similar scenario unheated apartment. 50 degree water and an unfiltered bowl.

In my bachelor days I voraciously defended my tanks from my inebriated roommates and accomplices. Worst that ever happened was a guy puy some beef jerky in my 75g african tank. They ate it, along with the cheerios floating in there. I dont think anyone died.

Needless to say I enjoy being married with a baby and my own slice of the pie far away from disrespectful deliquent recidivism

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

My biology class has 2 red eared sliders in a cramped 20 gallon tall. No UV lamp, no heater and weak filtration. The turtles have really bad shell rot, wish I could take them home.

FluffySackson

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2014
I really need to buy some eheim autofeeders...my mother is now really attached to some of my fish and ends up feeding them so damn much. She's so attached to my Breidohri (my avatar fish) that she ended up feeding him half a jar of New Life Spectrum (8.8 oz jar) in 2 weeks......when I came back the tank was algae heaven and nitrates were ultra red.

spiff44

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2007
Midwest
So basically, it sounds better to risk the fish starving than trust other people. Even if gone months you can probably rig something using timers or controllers to just feed them once a week so they at least will survive while you're gone.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store