Any One Here Own a Cephalosilurus Apurensis???

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
Reactions: jjohnwm

Catfishracer

Feeder Fish
Apr 21, 2009
London, UK
lol, hey this is me. I need all large amazing catfish in my collection. :)
You are something else necro. You came into my wels flathead thread telling me how illegal it would be... and then go buy a wels and put him in with your flathead. That is some kind of oxymoron. I'm just messin with you though. Glad Wes hooked you up. Maybe he can find us some of these. I already put in a request for us.

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
You are something else necro. You came into my wels flathead thread telling me how illegal it would be... and then go buy a wels and put him in with your flathead. That is some kind of oxymoron. I'm just messin with you though. Glad Wes hooked you up. Maybe he can find us some of these. I already put in a request for us.
Yeah I was under the impression at that point that wels were completely illegal, but when I saw wes had some it didn't make sense to me so I did some mega research on it and found out they are only partially banned right now. :) no hard feelings, but I still say a flathead x wels would be a bad idea lol, might be cool, but could potentially be very bad if they got loose. I can tell you that shark aquarium has some of these right now. :) if that helps. I was pricing them myself, but might have to wait a while lol. They are pretty expensive also.

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
loving the avatar btw.

Catfishracer

Feeder Fish
Apr 21, 2009
London, UK
Yeah I was under the impression at that point that wels were completely illegal, but when I saw wes had some it didn't make sense to me so I did some mega research on it and found out they are only partially banned right now. :) no hard feelings, but I still say a flathead x wels would be a bad idea lol, might be cool, but could potentially be very bad if they got loose. I can tell you that shark aquarium has some of these right now. :) if that helps. I was pricing them myself, but might have to wait a while lol. They are pretty expensive also.
You are the catfish expert. You should know a hybrid of this type would most certainly be sterile. Doesn't matter now anyways... I have other ventures.

I will check shark aquarium out. Thanks for the lead.

These guys are supposed to be like gulpers on steriods. As they will consume fishes that are half there size. Very cool, but it makes me a little nervous thinking they will hide in a corner just waiting for the opportunity to jump out and snatch whatever prize fish crosses there path.

Thanks for liking the avatar. I entered my first and last mfk contest for the M avatar and made it. They cancelled the contest last minute do to lack of entries. That reminds me... They said they would send a t - shirt to make it up to me but never did. Even after I reminded them. Oh well.

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
Keep on them about it. Took like a year before I got a free t-shirt myself lol. Took a few months to get tank decals as well. This site is better known for content than selling stuff. That's why I am here anyway. As for the hybrid, until it is done no one can say for certain that it will be sterile. I agree that the likelihood it will be sterile is extremely high though. Good luck on the ventures. I too am tremendously interested to see just how far hybrids of catfish can go as you may well know. I would love to see Cephalosilurus apurensis mixed with just about any other catfish lol.

You are the catfish expert. You should know a hybrid of this type would most certainly be sterile. Doesn't matter now anyways... I have other ventures.

I will check shark aquarium out. Thanks for the lead.

These guys are supposed to be like gulpers on steriods. As they will consume fishes that are half there size. Very cool, but it makes me a little nervous thinking they will hide in a corner just waiting for the opportunity to jump out and snatch whatever prize fish crosses there path.

Thanks for liking the avatar. I entered my first and last mfk contest for the M avatar and made it. They cancelled the contest last minute do to lack of entries. That reminds me... They said they would send a t - shirt to make it up to me but never did. Even after I reminded them. Oh well.

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
18in-20in

DSC_0573.JPG

DSC_0570.JPG

DSC_0487.JPG

DSC_0475.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com