Anybody into weight lifting/body building?

TankDempsey

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2012
Third rock from the sun
Its the way to go, I've been doing Wendler for nearly 2 years now, I still get people come up to me telling me my squat is wrong; the only ones who don't are the powerlifters who are familiar with the style.

I notice a big difference foam rolling, helps me from being inflexible and having pain at the bottom of the movement

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Does this hurt your shoulders? Whenever I try this they hurt too much and I have to readjust.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zapantha

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2012
American Canyon
Shoulder mobility, I've never been bothered by a bar and never use the pads... My shoulders just hurt when I hold the bar that low on my back.

Omarisuf on youtube has some good shoulder mobility routines. Shoulders on both bench and low bar should be retracted so it should help you a lot to get those shoulders mobile.

dbcb314

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
Tallahassee
Forcing a low bar position is begging for some nice shoulder issues.

You cannot force this stuff. Build your upper back shelf and transition over time (over YEARS).

If you have nothing back their to put the bar on, then the only thing supporting the weight is your shoulders and spine.

There is a happy medium between "up on the neck" high bar and "middle of your back" low bar. Get your upper back tight as hell and see where the bar naturally wants to rest.

zapantha

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2012
American Canyon
Forcing a low bar position is begging for some nice shoulder issues.

You cannot force this stuff. Build your upper back shelf and transition over time (over YEARS).

If you have nothing back their to put the bar on, then the only thing supporting the weight is your shoulders and spine.

There is a happy medium between "up on the neck" high bar and "middle of your back" low bar. Get your upper back tight as hell and see where the bar naturally wants to rest.
When people just say shoulders in this kind of context I wish they would say the specific muscle instead of "up on the neck" or "middle of your back." High bar should rest on your traps and low bar on your rear deltoids (which yes are part of your shoulders). Wouldn't naturally finding whatever crevasse the bar wants to rest cause more problems than knowing specifically where the shelf should be- traps vs rear delts?

TankDempsey

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2012
Third rock from the sun
Do you have pain just retracting your scapula in general? Or just with the weight from low bar squats? Also do you remember a slight forward tilt to keep the bar over the middle of your foot?

I've only tried this like twice... I was probably doing it wrong as I'd been doing high bar squats since I was 13. Right now I rest it on my traps but when I try and set it lower on my delts it just feels like my shoulders are gonna pop out of joint backwards in a way lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store