Anybody tried to convert a woodstand?

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
Any experience, ideas on converting a wooden tank stand to accomodate a wider one? Im trying to convert a 19 inch wide stand to fit a 24 inch tank.

I was told to use 2x4 wood, line them up along the stand and put one plywood on top of it. Any thoughts on this??

The weight of the tank wont be too much different. theres about a 20 gallon difference.

repair

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Indy
to make your pisc smaller without photo shop just right click on the pic and then send it to a e-mail recipient...it will ask you if you want to make the pic smaller ....say yes. Now you will have an e-mail window open go to file and click on it now it will give you the option to save attachment as..... now just save it in pictures or make a new folder on the desktop and you now have pics that can be uploaded.

for my stand, supports a 125, I used 2x4 for the bases and 4x4s for the legs, I have 6 legs one on each corner and in the middle. Then I have several 2x4 supports going across the width. its probably overkill, but better safe than sorry!

^ this is kind of off topic, but oh well...

sounds like a big tank if its 24 in wide
maybe adding 2x4 on the back, 4x4 legs to support the new addition, that would give you 4 in. then you need one more inch maybe in the front with 1 in, thick piece, conceal the changes by covering it up with flatboards thin ones, ive never done anything like that before,

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store